AmigaActive (1619/2143)

From:Andy Wanless
Date:24 May 2000 at 21:03:07
Subject:Re: Linux Distro - On Topic - Honestly

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Anthony Prime wrote:

> I`ve done the dirty deed and bought an x86 box.

On topic? Well, I guess with the devbox it's sort of ;)

> But in mitigation I`ve had a 30mb hard drive fitted and only used a 15mb
> partition for windows, so guess what I want to do with the rest... :)

I really can't think what anyone would do with a 15 meg partition. Not
much, I'd suspect ;)

> Anyway, I got the first issue of Linux Format to try to install Definate
> Linux in antici...pation </Frank-n-Furter>
>
> But I cant get it to install. The firm that built my peesee kindly created
> two partitions (5gb and 10gb) for a swap file and the main / partition) but
> I can`t get the installer to reformat them or (having thought about it
> more) resize the partitons to 1gb and 14gb.

1 gig for a swap partition??? That's one meaty machine you've got there,
if you assume the usual twice the amount of RAM for the swap partition.

> Can anyone offer any help, or should I wait for further developments and
> mothball the additional hd space?

Why doesn't it let you format the partitions? What's the problem? I doubt
anyone can be much help without a more detailed description of the
problem.

Missing old school friends? Find them here: